What does Spoonflower mean to you? What kinds of things come to mind when you think about the brand? Is it sewing? Design? Community? Flowers? Spoons? Put it all down into a unique, never before seen surface pattern for a t-shirt that Spoonflower will be printing for 2017! Entries will be previewed on an 21" x 18" fat quarter size and should repeat.
We will be ringing in 2017 with a brand new Spoonflower tee printed by Raleigh's own House of Swank and we want YOU to design it! What does Spoonflower mean to you? What kinds of things come to mind when you think about the brand? Is it sewing? Design? Community? Flowers? Spoons? Put it all down into a unique, never before seen surface pattern for a t-shirt. Here's the tricky part: you are allowed to use just 3 colors. Elements of your design will be screen printed onto both white and charcoal gray t-shirts so make sure to use a color palette that would look great on both!
Spoonflower will choose one grand-prize winner from the top ten popularly-voted designs. The grand prize winner will receive $500 in cold hard cash. In addition to the cash prize, the grand winner will receive a $250 Spoondollar credit and a free t-shirt printed with their winning design. The design itself may continue to be available for sale in the Marketplace where you can earn up to a 15% commission.
The rest of the Top 10
2017 Spoonflower T-Shirt Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (27” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. Spoonflower will choose one grand-prize winner to have printed on the 2017 Spoonflower t-shirt from the top 10 popularly-voted designs.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- Read our interview with House of Swank to learn more about the T-Shirt Challenge
- 10/21/2016: Submissions open
- 11/15/2016: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/17/2016: Public voting opens
- 11/30/2016: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 12/01/2016: Spoonflower will announce the winner